Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
Email: [email protected]
Jessica Hathaway is an associate with the firm. Jessica graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, cum laude, from the University of Missouri – Columbia, and obtained her JD in 2000, also from Mizzou.
After law school, Jessica worked as a judicial law clerk at the Supreme Court of Missouri for the Honorable John C. Holstein. From there, she joined the appellate division of the Missouri State Public Defender, where she handled criminal appeals and a variety of post-conviction matters for over a decade, including twelve cases that reached the Missouri Supreme Court. Before joining the firm in 2016, Jessica advised on conflicts and other legal ethics issues at a large, international law firm. She has received awards for excellence in appellate work from both the Missouri Bar Foundation and the Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Jessica’s primary area of practice is criminal defense with a concentration in state and federal appeals and post-conviction remedies.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- University of Missouri-Columbia
- Major: English
Honors and Awards
- The Missouri Bar Foundation David J. Dixon Appellate Advocacy Award (2014)
- The Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Robert Duncan Award for Appellate Excellence (2012)